Prof. Dr.-Ing. Werner Bick
(Head of the Logistics Master's programme)
Master Logistics: Smart, lean and sustainable
Today's society demands efficient logistics. The main drivers are mass customisation, same-day delivery and just-in-time deliveries.
Logistics processes must be efficient, sustainable and flexible. Central enablers for this, in addition to classic lean management approaches, are the consistent and integrated use of digitalisation.
Qualified staff who understand how to design logistical processes in a targeted manner in the age of digitalisation require
- a sound understanding of processes,
- knowledge of the possibilities for automation and
- knowledge of how to design contemporary IT solutions.
These are precisely the focal points of the interdisciplinary Master's programme in Logistics at OTH Regensburg, which is offered by the faculties of Business Administration, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science.
Our graduates are needed in all industries. Typical fields of activity are:
- Procurement and supply chain management, e.g. in strategic and operational purchasing,
- Logistics planning, e.g. for the realisation of a new logistics centre,
- Supply planning, e.g. for the start-up of new projects,
- Management consulting, e.g. with a focus on digitalisation,
- Operational management, e.g. logistics controlling.
Degree programme information
|Commencement:||Winter semester, summer semester|
|Duration:||3 semesters, full-time, 90 ECTS credits|
|Profile:||Course structure and course programme [only available in German]|
In the first semester, the interdisciplinary basics from the subject areas of business administration, mechanical engineering and computer science are covered.
Building on this, a total of six compulsory elective subjects must be taken in the second semester. The focus can be set individually. However, at least one subject must be taken per subject area.
The objective of the third semester is to directly apply the acquired knowledge in the processing of concrete tasks. The focus is on a project work, which is carried out in cooperation with industry, as well as on the master's thesis with the associated master's seminar.
|Degree title:||Master of Arts|
|Accreditation:||FIBAA Accreditation Agency [only available in German]|